Katie
What really confuses me is being in a situation where I think, out of the blue, "it would be really weird if ___ showed up right now," and I have just enough time to wonder why I even thought of that person, and then he/she appears? Or when for no reason at all I picture people doing or saying something that has nothing to do with anything that's going on at the moment, and I ask myself why I even pictured that because it's so bizarrely disconnected from anything I'm experiencing in the real world, and my mind seems to answer that it's because I just had a dream about that recently -- and then it actually happens, even though it's completely unexpected?

Situations like this happen so often, many times weekly, even daily. And I should be used to it by now, but every time it totally messes up my mind. Like back in first grade when I'd have just completed a complicated picture on an Etch-a-Sketch and then somebody would accidentally shake it a little and even though most of the lines were left on the screen I just couldn't picture in my mind what it had looked like.

Or like when you see a tiny stray thread on the hem of a skirt and you try to break it off, but instead it pulls so the entire skirt is bunched up, twisted, and bruised-looking. And you wonder why you didn't just let it go.

God, this life is strange sometimes.
0 Responses

Post a Comment