Katie
Some songs, new & old, that are currently on my ipod and get replayed pretty often. I've had a lot of people ask me lately for suggestions on music to listen to, I think we're all getting bored of our current selection since we have so much time to listen over the summer. Anyway, if anyone hasn't heard any of the songs on this list -- go listen. And if anyone has any suggestions for me, please leave comments! I too am on the lookout for some new music.



Here's my list (I've tried not to include too many multiple songs by the same artist, but in some cases I just couldn't help it):

“Eyes on Fire” – Blue Foundation

“Gila” – The Beach House

“Wishing Well” – The Airborne Toxic Event

"Sometime After Midnight" -- The Airborne Toxic Event

“Middle Cyclone” – Neko Case

"People Got A Lotta Nerve" -- Neko Case

“Comme des enfants” – Coeur de Pirate

"Violet Hill" -- Coldplay

--AND EVERYTHING ELSE BY COLDPLAY --

“Old Letters” – Company of Thieves

“Oscar Wilde” – Company of Thieves

“Daniel” – Bat for Lashes

“Flightless Bird, American Mouth” – Iron & Wine

“Cornflake Girl” – Tori Amos

“Winter” – Tori Amos

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" -- Tori Amos

"Mr. Zebra" -- Tori Amos

“Never Say Never” – The Fray

“Over My Head (Cable Car)” – The Fray

“Sleeping In” – The Postal Service

“Low Happenings” – Howling Bells

“Writing to Reach You” – Travis

"Why Does it Always Rain on Me?" -- Travis

“Bottle It Up” – Sara Bareilles

“Broadripple Is Burning” – Margot & The Nuclear So and Sos

“New Slang” – The Shins

“Girl Inform Me” – The Shins

“Funnyman” – KT Tunstall

“Hopeless” – KT Tunstall

“Again & Again” – Holly Brook

“The Kids Don’t Stand a Chance” – Vampire Weekend

Tiger Mountain Peasant Song” – Fleet Foxes

“On the Radio” – Regina Spektor

“I Dare You to Move” – Switchfoot

“Who Will Save Your Soul?” – Jewel

“Cath” – Death Cab for Cutie

"Soul Meets Body" -- Death Cab for Cutie

"Quelqu-un ma dit" -- Carla Bruni

"Delilah" -- The Dresden Dolls

"Kingdom of Rust" -- the Doves

"Somewhere Only We Know" --Keane

"Stop Acting Like You Know More About the Internet Cafe than Me" -- Peachcake


... and, in case you didn't get the earlier message, anything and everything by Coldplay is absolutely brilliant. I only included the one song on this list because probably most of the people who are reading this already know that Coldplay is the first thing I would recommend listening to. I've been listening to all of their albums non stop for close to exactly one year now, and I'm still not tired of them.

Labels: edit post
1 Response

Post a Comment