Katie
So yesterday I was trying on clothes and the memory randomly surfaced in my mind of how Amy and Joy used to tell Grace and I that we were fat, merely because the two of them were twiggy little 8 and 10-year-olds, and Joy later explained that she never actually thought we were fat, she was just jealous that Grace and I, both older, were more fully developed. All this time I'd assumed that she was speaking for both her and Amy, but now Amy unabashedly informs me that actually, she sincerely had thought we were fat. Thus turning a good laugh into a not-so-good discovery. I was horrified. I couldn't stop thinking about it for the next few hours. I felt really sympathetic for my past self, and, as a form of it, my current self.

Later on, we were playing ping pong in the top of the barn, and it was really hot up there so I rolled my shirt up and tucked it into my bra. I suddenly realized that Amy was staring at me and she goes, "Holy cow, where did YOU get ab muscles?? It's not like you ever exercise or anything!" Which, of course, was a very backhanded compliment, as it revealed the fact that she still expected me to be out of shape and, well, fat like she apparently used to think. But it also vastly improved my self image after her earlier comments. Especially since I hadn't previously been aware of the fact that I even had ab muscles.

And then I got to thinking about how hilarious it is that my sister commenting on my abs should make me feel so much better about myself.

So, to prove that I don't care how my body looks, I've since eaten 3 bowls of French Silk ice cream, and am currently devouring 6 oz of Dove chocolate with a cup of chocolate raspberry coffee.

Because that really shows everyone exactly what is important to me, right?

...Yeah. Now that I've admitted all this publicly on my blog, I can't stop laughing at myself.
0 Responses

Post a Comment