Katie
Right now I'm in the library study room (air-conditioned, yay!) drinking a chilled Starbucks dark chocolate raspberry mocha frappuccino. I bought them at the Giant last week on a whim while looking for honey in the coffee isle (what, it made sense at the time). It's been awhile since the last time I had one -- I think they used to have dark chocolate peppermint the first winter I went to school at BCC ... so I guess it was probably the winter of '07. Of course they were exorbitantly overpriced then, it being the BCC food court. Probably like $5 for just one of these little 9-oz glass bottles. I wouldn't be surprised. But it's not that expensive to buy a 4-pack at the grocery store, so I figured what the hey, I may as well splurge on my last week of school. Its a good energy builder for my early morning classes.

Other than that, I'm trying to decide which questions to choose for the Philosophy of Ethics take-home exam essays. I'm considering writing about how a Buddhist might critique Kantian ethics or Aristotle's Nichomachean ethics, because that sounded like an interesting topic. But I'm not sure where to start. I don't really have that firm a grasp on what a Buddhist would think of either of these. Even though I am more interested in Buddhism than any of the other viewpoints we studied in ethics class. It's strange how life works out sometimes isn't it? Anyway. One thing I thought of is how Aristotle thought everyone should be as well-rounded in their virtues as possible and if I remember right, he valued courage and I think he might have supported the killing of others (like in warfare) for reasons he might see as ethical (again this could be wrong but I'm just brainstorming from a vague memory here) ... and a Buddhist is not supposed to kill or allow the killing of anyone ... so that could be one aspect I could write about. Not quite sure where I'm going with this .... I guess I'd better go look into it .....

Yeah. Nothing like brainstorming while blogging. Welcome to finals week in my lazy, unmotivated, procrastinating mind.
0 Responses

Post a Comment