Katie
As of today, there are only (drumroll) six weekdays left to the semester, and I have only one exam (French) on the Monday of finals week. I can't believe my last semester at BCC is already almost over! It's been almost 3 years since the very first class I took here (ENG 110) when I was 15 ... it seems like forever ago. At the beginning of this semester it seemed like it all went so fast, but now -- maybe because of how busy I've been all semester, working 3 jobs and struggling to finish my homework every day -- it seems like it's about time and I just want to be finished already. It's going to be weird at first, after being so stressed out all semester between work and school and life in general, to suddenly have free time again. I'm not sure I'll know what to do with it. To keep myself from becoming a workaholic, I'm going to make a list of things I want to do over the summer. Hopefully it will be somewhat more successful than my spring break list.

To Do Over Summer 2009

  • try to write a blog entry every day
  • finish reading Atlas Shrugged
  • buy a digital SLR camera (the Nikon D40?)
  • actually read my digital photography textbook from this semester ...
  • go to studio hours every week for ceramics, and try out the Clayground studio
  • take a kickboxing class
  • write
  • go on a roadtrip
  • visit relatives in Indiana before they move to Louisville
  • go on a picnic
  • go to a spa
  • meet up with all the friends I haven't seen in awhile
  • visit my great grandmother once a week
  • make homemade ice cream and smoothies
  • pick up archery again
  • try out nail tips
  • get my nose pierced
  • try escargot
  • go to Tioga Downs
  • visit the I Love Lucy museum
  • visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art
  • go to the midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie
  • watch Silence of the Lambs
  • watch Silk
  • watch Amelie
  • watch a bazillion other movies I haven't seen
  • listen to some new indie music and get a lot of new CDs no one else has ever heard of
  • go skinny dipping
  • go to a restaurant and order dessert first
  • go camping
  • read more about Buddhism
  • have Nadia teach me how to make Indian foods
  • do my family genealogy
  • go to the First Friday art walk
  • have campfires
  • go to a concert at the Cyber Cafe
  • visit my grandma in Sidney
  • get some new sheet music for the piano
  • go to the opera
  • clean out my hard drive / make a backup of important files
  • clean out closet and take clothing to consignment shop
  • redecorate shoes
  • make a collage
  • put together a book of poems
  • get a new job
  • clean my car
  • get an ebay sellers account
  • sell unwanted textbooks
  • sell other unwanted books to make room for new ones
  • take part in BookCrossing
  • make homemade smoothies
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. i hope i am included in some of the items on this list!!!


  2. Katie Says:

    Sure! Which ones do you want to join me on?


Post a Comment